Our hope is to adopt a baby but they are in high demand these days! We appreciate your prayers and support during this decision making time. My heart is being pulled towards Ethiopia but am open to any country really. We'll be sure to update here when we have some more information. Please feel free to email us or respond on this blog. This is a tremendous step in faith for us both but I am wholly confident that God will be leading us in the right direction. For those of you inclined, please pray for the birth parents. They will be giving us one of the best gifts we could ever hope for. More to come... Love, Craig and Jessica
Friday, December 5, 2008
The Start
Hello Everyone! We just wanted to share our exciting news. After lots of thought and prayer, Craig and I have decided to adopt a child. It has been a long journey to get us to this point but we are very excited, nervous, joyful, thrilled, impatient and the list goes on... I thought this would be a good way to keep our family and friends up to date. So far, we have applied with Children's Home Society and Family Services in St. Paul, Minnesota. We have opted for international adoption because we feel more comfortable with a set timeline. Our application is currently being processed (4-6 week process) and are waiting to be accepted and attend a 2-day intensive adoption class. The application pretty much required that we sign a release to every bit of info available on us down to getting fingerprinted at our local police station thus ending any potential career in criminal activity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Congratulations on making such an exciting decision. We in PA are all excited for you! I am so glad that you decided to create a blog to keep us up to date on everything that is going to go on - I look forward to checking in to see the updates!
Congratulations to you and Craig! I a decision like this does not come easy, and I am sure you are excited, scared, and nervous. These feelings are all to be expected. My ex-sister-in-law adopted a baby girl from China if you need some advice, support, or questions answered regarding international adoption. Her name is Heather Sharp Beals, and you can look her up under my friends. Just mention that you know me in the message. Best wishes and I will keep you, Craig, and the birth family in my prayers. Looking forward to updates!
We are so happy for the both of you! You two are such wonderful people. God will answer your payers soon. I will make sure to say a little prayer for you each day.
We love you both very much. We are very excited! :-)
I couldn't be happier for two of the nicest people I know. If you ever need a sitter....I'm next door a lot!!
I think this is such an awesome idea!! You guys rock and are going to make exceptional parents!! You know I love you guys!
Wow, thanks for sharing this amazing journey the two of you are on. God is so evident in your lives and it is a blessing to watch this all unfold. The Rybacki family is 100% committed to regular prayer for your child, the birth mother and of course, you two! We are so excited for you!!!!!
Uncle Bill and I congratulate you on your decision and know God will richly bless you on this journey of faith and love.
ps. we are soooo excited too!!!
I am so glad you decided to start a blog! We are super excited for you and will be in prayer!
Love, The Hahn's
Hey guys, we are so happy for you! We've got you both in our thoughts. I'm excited that you both will be parents; you will be the best parents I can imagine, you are both great. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Sarah J
Post a Comment