Monday, April 13, 2009

Childcare 101

Craig and I attended a baby care class this past Saturday at Children's Home Society.  It was nice to be amongst other first-time parents-to-be.  I can't say that we learned anything that we hadn't heard before or that we won't figure out on our own but maybe that was an important lesson in itself.  The best part of the class was imagining myself bathing our baby or feeding them, etc.  

A friend of ours works with a man from Ethiopia who I have gotten in contact with.  We hope to make plans to meet he and his wife in the near future.  This will be such a great thing for us as he said he is very happy to tell us about his country and answer any questions.  He thinks it is great that we are adopting a baby from Ethiopia.  It has been awesome to see the support and we both appreciate the encouragement.

We just got to review our home study report and it is kind of strange to see your life wrapped up in a neat little document but our social worker had some really kind things to say about us.

Boy, does it feel good to be on the other side of the paperwork!!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Jessica!
I'm so excited for you guys. God has your future child(ren) all ready to come home to you. Isn't waiting the pits??!?!? I'm thinking of you!!!
xoxoxoxoxo