Friday, November 6, 2009

...and still waiting

Wow, it has been awhile since my last post. We are now entering our 7 month of official waiting time and I must admit that it has gone fast. There is not much to do but wait patiently and I feel like God has been giving us the patience needed. I am ready to start on the nursery but need some input from talented family members.

Good friends of ours just got their referral for a baby girl in Korea which made me think of this blog. I am very excited for them and their referral reminded me just how real this whole process is and that soon enough, we will be shouting out the same news. I'm a little envious but know that we must go through this time. Going by the current wait times, we have another 9-10 months of waiting ahead of us. That will help make the cold mid-west winter go by.

We are hoping to take a trip somewhere warm this winter as a celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary this coming year and also as a 'this may be the last chance in awhile' sort of trip. I have discovered that I am not much of a blogger so I apologize for not having many updates.

We are hosting our cooking club get-together next weekend and we picked Africa as the theme for the meals. Craig and I will attempt an Ethiopian dish along with Injera, an Ethiopian pancake-like bread that is very commonly eaten with most meals. I hope we can pull it off! Until next time...

4 comments:

Shauna and Ben said...

Thanks for the update...glad the time is passing quickly. Good thinking planning a little get away now... the time will be here before you know it. Can I come for some Ethiopian food?

Anonymous said...

Jess and Craig - I hope the time continues to pass quickly! Have you had any further move on the nursery? Last I heard you had some great ideas! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Just thinking about you guys today and hoping you hear news soon! Love you both!

Four Rascals said...

Ooh, post your recipes if it worked out!!!