Saturday, January 3, 2009

We Are In!

Well, so much for all of the complaining!  The needed document was faxed in at the last moment and we received our invitation to attend the 2-day pre-adoption classes for January!  Yea!  I guess I am gaining a better understanding for the roller coaster emotional ride in store for myself.

I am really looking forward to the classes.  We'll be put in small groups with other adoptive parents to be and it will be nice to meet others in the same exact timeline of this process.  We will also be discussing in depth the relationship of interracial parenting which is something of great concern for me.  I am looking forward with great joy to having an interracial child but not to all of the possible situations that could occur to make this child feel less than the wonderful person they will be.  It is quite overwhelming to think about at such an early time in the process.  One step at a time, I guess.  Thank you for the prayers!

No comments: