Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring and New Beginnings

We have just passed our one year mark of waiting at the beginning of this month. Lots of changes have been occurring in Ethiopia. It is now the most popular country to adopt from - leave it to us to jump on the bandwagon unknowingly. We will now be required to take two trips to Ethiopia instead of one. This news came as a little bit of a shock to me but I am actually looking forward to the two trips after letting go of the worry.

I have not received any updates on our wait time but if it hasn't changed, we have another 5-6 months before receiving a referral. I am bumping that back in my mind to another 8 months to play it safe.

Work on the nursery has begun! My sister is painting a mural and works on it little by little each week. It is going to be amazing! I am hoping that it will help me feel more attached to this process.

We so appreciate your prayers. I continually need patience and to remember that God's timing is perfect. Prayer for this child and their birth mother are always great. I had a dream recently that we met our child for the first time (it was a girl!) and I woke up feeling so happy. I am thankful for these little gifts from God as encouragement.

1 comment:

Four Rascals said...

Thanks for sharing! I continue to pray... so excited for you!