Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Classes Now Behind Us
We completed the 2-day class and it was so much better than we thought it would be! Our agency really knew how to run the 2 days and fit as much stuff in as possible without being too overwhelming. They are very encouraging and I know I left on Friday feeling really enthusiastic. We are now working on our self-studies which are 19 questions in essay format and the average person takes 6-8 pages to answer them. I am almost done and Craig is right behind me which I am very impressed with. Once we turn these in with a few other documents, we can be assigned a social worker and start our home study! It is usually in two phases -one meeting with the social worker at the agency and the other at our home. We have been told that there won't be a 'white glove' test for dust or anything like that which is a huge relief. Things are now rolling along and even though it is a lot of work, it feels good to be doing something. Thanks to all of you who check this - I forget to check it sometimes. Our biggest advantage to this process is all of you are supporting and encouraging us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was just thinking of you guys this morning while watching a segment on adoption on the Today show. It was about an organization (HelpUsAdopt.org) a non-profit that helps people with the financial aspect of adoption. It was so neat listening to the stories of different families' adoption stories. I'm so glad to hear the classes went well. It's a long process but it must feel great to be making progress! It's so exciting!
Glad to hear that things are moving right along! Thank you for keeping us up to date!
Post a Comment