Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We Are Approved!!!!

Today is a cause for much celebration - our dossier was received and approved at our agency!  Now it gets sent on to the Ethiopian Embassy and then forwarded to Ethiopia.   I am so relieved that nothing had to be redone - I feel like we just got an A+.  Now we are officially waiting for a child.  We have learned that the waiting times have increased to about 13 months and are projected to increase to 18 months.   This was quite disheartening to read but I am just going to try and take it in stride.   I am still ecstatic to have gotten this far and to know that the majority of paperwork is FINISHED!  Now we just need prayers for patience :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the time will go by fast! And maybe they will see what great parents you will be and push you to the top ;) Well...we could hope that would happen!! :)

Shauna and Ben said...

Woohoo! That is great news! That is an A+ for sure...well done! If it gives any perspective, our friends adopting from China are still talking in years (like 2,3 or 4 years) and they have been approved for a long while now...so 13-18 months...no sweat! Praying for you!